Summary of responsibilities
- Build, train, and mentor an international team of local supply chain staffs in various countries.
- Evaluate purchase and contracting requests for supplies, equipment, components, or services for the construction project and determine appropriate procurement and supplier selection methods.
- Provide support to the project studies with regards to market conditions, material and equipment costs and logistics requirements.
- Manage the procurement and contracting process while evaluating supplier performance and business opportunities.
- Interface with local and international suppliers.
- Implement cost reduction strategies while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Build Supply Chain teams to meet project requirements.
- Manage, train, and mentor a team of buyers.
- Implement procedures and policies to optimize the procurement function within the company.
- Act as an advisor to clients to start the procurement and inventory in function the project.
- Responsible for cost management related to the procurement activities for project activities and internal requirements.
- Participate in strategic meetings and report results to the executive committee.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in procurement management.
- Have experience in the mining sector and/or project construction.
- Be able to communicate in English, both speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and the main supply management tools is an asset.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or Certified Professional in Purchasing (CPP) or a comparable certification is an asset.