Summary of responsibilities
- Contribute to the collection and compilation of data, in order to bring various projects to construction and production.
- Design mine ventilation and related controls to comply with Botswana regulations, safety, and production requirements
- Study and advise on underground mine ventilation systems compliance to requirements
- Test air quality and quantity in mines for compliance with regulations and standards
- Assist in the implementation of Survey software Amine
- Contribute to the drafting of economic studies and technical reports and the preparation of initial studies, pre‑feasibility and feasibility studies.
- Participate in the equipment selection process for the various projects under consideration.
- Assist in the establishment of operating and economic evaluation budgets.
- Design drawings according to the specific data of the various projects.
- Contribute to the overall planning of mining projects.
- Ensure that tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, and support staff to offer quality work to clients.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to other members of the department and the Company.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 7 years of experience in engineering.
- Have a good knowledge of specialized software such as Autocad, Deswik, Ventsim as well as a good knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Be able to communicate in English, both speaking and writing.