Summary of responsibilities
- Review, evaluate and implement new procedures and tools required for the mandate.
- Review, evaluate and implement due diligence reports for detailed engineering and construction scopes.
- Coordinate the preparation of capital expenditures (CAPEX), sustaining capital expenditures and operating expenditures (OPEX).
- Assist in the preparation of the corporate budget and maintain budgetary controls for the project.
- Gather data, prepare periodic and special reports, manuals, and correspondence.
- Determine the scope and timing of the mandate.
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones for the project and monitor progress.
- Coordinate and organize the project team and ensure control of internal and external resources.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Establish and implement quality control policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the procurement of major long-term items and other equipment/materials required for the project.
- Plan, organize, direct and control project activities.
- Prepare, explain, and negotiate proposals with potential clients.
- Coordinate, organize and review the technical work of various departments or external project teams.
- Participate in design, development, and technical inspection.
- Plan, develop and manage the construction project.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 15 years of experience in project management or construction management.
- Be a member of a recognized Engineers Registration Board.
- Be able to communicate in English, both speaking and writing.
- Experience in the mining sector and/or international experience are important assets.